Email marketing is a type of marketing discipline, called direct marketing that uses email to communicate any form of advertisements or money-making messages directly to an audience without the use of intervening media. The purpose of email marketing is to focus on driving consumers to purchase your product which can be attributed to a specific call to action such as calling your phone number, visiting your website or reading your article. It is one of the biggest essentials in generating profits for your online business if you do it right. Here are some things to remember that may help:
- People who buy products on the Internet generally base their decisions on emotion. What every good Internet marketer knows is that you want to break all the barriers first, all those walls between you and the buyer and come in under the radar. You want to come in as a friend, extend a helping hand and help them get what they are looking for.
- Give more content and more information – in your email or in your autoresponder. Your purpose is to give people what they want before they got into your webpage.
- When you convey your information, write it in a friendly way and not in a business standpoint of view. Write it in a friendly tone as if you are having a conversation with someone to get your reader interested, because in this day and age where people typically get about a hundred messages a day, you would not want your message to go directly to the junk folder or spam folder.
- Don’t sell them directly into your business on your first email, particularly if they just opted in. Give them free content, free information so they’ll keep coming back to your website until you somehow build a friendly relationship with your readers or followers, if you may. People are interested in results and you want to relate in such a way that they can think about those results happening to them too. That’s the real deal. People want those same results they read about and if you can convey it to them like that, they will start looking at things differently.
- If you are just starting with email marketing, here are a few tips. Search out people who you want to emulate – people who are good at what you are trying to get good at, which is email marketing. Subscribe to their list and save every email you get from them. Study their style, analyze how they write their subject lines and letters, how they get people to take the action and you’ll be surprised how much information you could get out of other people’s stuff. They don’t necessarily have to be a part of your market. Just look at how they structure their emails because that’s what you’re really interested in. So the next time you want to write an email or an ad campaign and you’re really not sure or don’t have an idea what to do, just open up those emails that you saved, look at the structure and how they lead into things and you’ll get a bunch of information that you can follow or use as a guide.